Basil Pesto with Gnocchi
Nothing says spring like a fresh #pesto recipe! We love pairing delicious basil pesto with gnocchi! Here’s a delicious recipe. If you’re looking for a ready made option you can also find this dish ready to heat and serve at Vine Ripe Markets.
To make the basil pesto:
* 2 cups fresh basil leaves packed
* 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan-Reggiano cheese
* 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
* 1/4 cup pine nuts
* 2 garlic cloves minced
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
For the Gnocchi:
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 1 lb.package potato gnocchi
* Parmesan cheese for serving
1. Combine the basil, garlic, and pine nuts in a food processor or blender and pulse until coarsely chopped. With the machine running, slowly add the olive oil and process until smooth. Add the cheese and pulse until combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
2. Cook the gnocchi according to package instructions. Drain completely. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the gnocchi in a single layer and cook, undisturbed, until golden and crisp, about 3-4 minutes. Turn the gnocchi and cook, turning occasionally, until golden and crisp, about 3 more minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in 1/4 to 1/3 cup of the pesto. You might have leftover pesto. Serve warm and garnish with Parmesan cheese, if desired.