Fresh Grilled Shrimp
Fresh grilled shrimp makes for a perfect low-calorie dinner. If you din’t feel like grilling your own, find this ready-made option at Vine Ripe Markets.
* 1 pound jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined
* 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
* 2 tablespoons lemon juice
* 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
* 1 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1 teaspoon onion powder
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1 teaspoon dried basil
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
* 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* Place the shrimp into a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice.
* Sprinkle paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, basil, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper over shrimp. Toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate while grill preheats.
* Preheat an outdoor grill to high heat, about 500 degrees F. Soak wooden skewers in water, if using, 10 minutes.
* Either thread shrimp onto skewers to cook, or place the shrimp directly on the grill individually. Be sure that your shrimp are large enough to not fall through the grates if you are not threading them on a skewer.
* Cook shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes per side until they are no longer translucent. Serve hot.